plans to attend
the 13th Annual
L.B. Brown Festival.
To preserve the historic L.B. Brown House for use as a museum to help educate the public about the significant contributions made by African-Americans to Florida's history and to serve as the site for the L. B. Brown Heritage Conference and Festival, which seeks to provide a principal forum for outstanding scholars and fun-filled entertainment.
The L.B. Brown House was designed and constructed in the late 1800s by a self-taught master carpenter, Lawrence B. Brown. It contains nine rooms and is approximately 1700 sq.ft. It is an impressive structure adorned with heavy Victorian ornamentation. The house is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places and may be the only one of its kind in Florida, still in existence, that was built and owned by a former slave.
Visit our photo section to view pictures of the house before and after the restortation.
Trademark of the Neighborhood Improvement Corporation of Bartow, Inc., 790 Waldon Avenue, Bartow, Florida 33830